2002-09-13 22:59:20

by Da Saint

Subject: permission problem

Hi folks,

I have got a problem with migrating files from Solaris server to Windows 2k Server. Problem is there is no way I can inherit permission of unix files on windows 2k. I tried Samba client, Veritas Netbackup, Tar..etc

Let me know, if someone knows any thing about it.

Thanks,

Shahab

by Daniel Barbar

Subject: RE: permission problem

Shahab,

I've never used it so I'm not sure it can solve your problem, but
Microsoft offers an NFS client with their Microsoft Services for Unix
package (which I believe comes with MSDN). I'd expect that to match the Unix
file permissions to the NT format.
Hope this helps. Regards,

---
Daniel Barbar