2002-09-17 07:39:01

by ashutosh.varshney

Subject: Problem : Linux - SOlaris NFS

Hi

We had a lot of SUN machines and just installed few linux machines.We
have all our licenses/Softwares of Solaris m/cs( NIS also on Solaris).But
when we access the things from linux client..network chokes..all things
hang..then we reboot the linux ..and set the rsize & wsize to 8K and now
things work fine..
Can any one puts lights why this all happen ..where is the problem.. in
linux or solairs.
Any site referneces for this customization..

thanks in advance

Ashutosh

by Tom McNeal

Subject: Re: Problem : Linux - SOlaris NFS

Since Solaris defaults to 32K transfer sizes, and the client may be
taking its cues from the server, the 32K size might be too much for
the client NIC. If this is true, you should be able to correct
things simply by remounting with 8K rsize & wsize. If the reboot
is required, there may be more going on.

One thing; I've got Solaris 8 on Intel installed on my test machine
and did not run across any problems when I was running some tests
earlier this summer, using a 2.4.18 client.

Regards -

Tom