2002-09-19 20:00:38

by Lever, Charles

Subject: RE: Problem : Linux - SOlaris NFS

please verify your configuration for me:

you are using NFS over UDP with 32K r/wsize?
your Linux clients run a 2.4 kernel, probably 2.4.18?

> > We had a lot of SUN machines and just installed few linux
> machines.We
> > have all our licenses/Softwares of Solaris m/cs( NIS also
> on Solaris).But
> > when we access the things from linux client..network
> chokes..all things
> > hang..then we reboot the linux ..and set the rsize & wsize
> to 8K and now
> > things work fine..
> > Can any one puts lights why this all happen ..where is the
> problem.. in
> > linux or solairs.
> > Any site referneces for this customization..

by ashutosh.varshney

Hi
Yes ..we are using nfs over udp. . NFS server is Solaris 8 (with default
r/wsize=32Kb) and NFS Client is Red Hat Linux 7.3 ( kernel version
2.4.18-3)..
thanks for ur response
ashutosh