2003-07-01 11:42:15

by justin case

Subject: server locks up totally

hi,

i actually sent this message yesterday already, but it seems, that it didn't
get through to the list due to my account not being activated already. here
it is again:

i build up a diskless-system using etherboot and root on an nfs-share. both
systems are redhat9 with 2.4.20 kernels.

so far everything works well now but strangely the nfs-server tends to lock
up out of the blue. this is not reconstructable and just happens sooner or
later.

since it always locks up the entire machine(!) the nfs server runs on i
can't get any error-message and slowly i am a little desperate here..

i don't use any automouter and my /etc/exports file only contains:

tftpboot/gate01 192.168.1.20(rw,no_root_squash)

i can reboot the server and the client starts working again the second the
nfs-share is available again, so the client-side seems to be ok.

sorry for coming up with such little info :(
hopefully anybody has an idea..

my regards
/jc