2002-10-14 20:52:46

by Juan Gomez

Subject: Clustered NAS Heads and mountd issues

I think there has been some previous chatter on this via this list so let
me try to bring it back and see if we could agree on what to include in the
distribution:

I wish NFS mountd daemons could issue a notification every time they update
the local rmtab (i.e. receive mount/umount etc) so that mountd dameons in
different hosts could share a single rmtab and remain in sync.

Anyone has an idea of an interface that will be general enough to be used
by any type of NAS clustering software?

Could we register RPC callbacks with mountd so it would call remote
daemons? or is there a better suggestion? is there any patch already in the
queue to
do something along these lines?

Juan

by Scott McDermott

Subject: Re: Clustered NAS Heads and mountd issues

Juan Gomez on Mon 14/10 13:51 -0700:
> I wish NFS mountd daemons could issue a notification every time they
> update the local rmtab

linux/Documentation/dnotify.txt