2007-04-18 11:23:18

by Terry Spaulding

Subject: setting up NFS and autofs to use specific ports for nfs, lockd, mountd, etc .....

I am looking to set NFS/autofs to set specific ports at boot time
so that I can request the ports to be open in the firewalls.

I have seen info on setting ports for mountd and nfsd using rpc.mountd and
rpc.nfsd.
The lockd looks to be set in zipl.conf.

Does any one have examples of a script they use to set these ports and
start nfs
for SLES8 and SLES9 or perhaps a link to examples ?

Any examples or links to doc would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Terry L. Spaulding
IBM