2003-09-25 07:49:48

by Peter Whysall

Subject: NFS book recommendations?

What's the consensus on a Good Book about NFS?

I'm not concerned with programming issues, I need to cover NFS v2 and v3,
and I need information on non-UNIX clients.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.

by Bruce Allan

Subject: Re: NFS book recommendations?

NFS Illustrated
by Brent Callaghan
ISBN: 0-201-32570-5
Publisher: Addison Wesley Professional
http://www.aw-bc.com/catalog/academic/product/0,4096,0201325705,00.html

Managing NFS and NIS
by Mike Eisler, Ricardo Labiaga, Hal Stern
ISBN: 1-56592-510-6
Publisher: O'Reilly
http://safari.oreilly.com/?XmlId=1-56592-510-6

Regards,
---
Bruce Allan <[email protected]>
Software Engineer, Linux Technology Center
IBM Corporation, Beaverton OR
503-578-4187 IBM Tie-line 775-4187

Peter Whysall
<peter.whysall@serco To: "'[email protected]'" <[email protected]>
.com> cc:
Sent by: Subject: [NFS] NFS book recommendations?
[email protected]
ceforge.net

09/25/2003 12:52 AM

What's the consensus on a Good Book about NFS?

I'm not concerned with programming issues, I need to cover NFS v2 and v3,
and I need information on non-UNIX clients.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,

Peter.

This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the
sender
as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.

by Tom McNeal

Hi -

The best one is "NFS Illustrated", by Brent Callaghan. You name it,
its covered. There is also a list of references in the FAQ at
http://nfs.sourceforge.net/, and its no accident that Brent's book
is first on the list.

Tom

--
Tom McNeal
(650)906-0761(cell)
> What's the consensus on a Good Book about NFS?
>
> I'm not concerned with programming issues, I need to cover NFS v2 and v3,
> and I need information on non-UNIX clients.
>
> Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Peter.
>
> This message, including attachments, is intended only for the use by the
> person(s) to whom it is addressed. It may contain information which is
> privileged and confidential. Copying or use by anybody else is not
> authorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender
> as soon as possible. The views expressed in this communication may not
> necessarily be the views held by Serco Integrated Transport.

by Peter Whysall

Many thanks to all who responded - "NFS Illustrated" seems to be the
consensus Best Book To Start With.

Regards