2004-12-08 20:34:08

by Bryce Harrington

Subject: Question on bug tracking for NFSv4 work

Hi all,

Quick question regarding bug tracking...

I notice that the bug tracker on the NFS SourceForge page does not seem
to get a lot of attention - would this tracker be the right place for
tracking bugs related to NFSv4 testing?

If not, would there be interest in having a Bugzilla for nfs? We've
heard several people suggest this, and OSDL runs the kernel Bugzilla, so
it's something we could help with.

The reason for the question is that a number of companies
(CITI, Polyserv, Novell, NetApp, etc.) we've been talking with are doing
testing of NFSv4, and have expressed interest in sharing of results,
including a public bug tracker (both for posting bugs that are found,
and for reviewing/validating/elaborating bugs that others post).

Thanks,
Bryce

by Christoph Hellwig

Subject: Re: Question on bug tracking for NFSv4 work

On Wed, Dec 08, 2004 at 12:34:06PM -0800, Bryce Harrington wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question regarding bug tracking...
>
> I notice that the bug tracker on the NFS SourceForge page does not seem
> to get a lot of attention - would this tracker be the right place for
> tracking bugs related to NFSv4 testing?
>
> If not, would there be interest in having a Bugzilla for nfs? We've
> heard several people suggest this, and OSDL runs the kernel Bugzilla, so
> it's something we could help with.
>
> The reason for the question is that a number of companies
> (CITI, Polyserv, Novell, NetApp, etc.) we've been talking with are doing
> testing of NFSv4, and have expressed interest in sharing of results,
> including a public bug tracker (both for posting bugs that are found,
> and for reviewing/validating/elaborating bugs that others post).

I suspect the best thing would be to post them to the mailinglist, the
same way bugs are reported for just about any other subsystem.