2002-05-11 04:42:34

by Daryl Herzmann

Subject: RH7.3 IRIX 6.5.15m NFSv3 problem

Greetings:

Environment:
SGI Origin 2000 NFS Server IRIX 6.5.15m
RH 7.3 2.4.18-3 NFS client

Problem:
I mount a Linux client via v3 to the SGI server and it appears to mount
correctly. I can do some things on the mount and then suddenly everything
starts to bogg down. I then receive phone calls saying that my machine is
flooding the network and all other computers in the network are dropping
connections. :) I can usually, by either unplugging the ethernet or hard
resetting, get the machine back under my control. Nasty!

I can invoke this behaviour 100% of the time by launching netscape or
mozilla. But it has also occured doing simple file moves, etc...

If I mount with v2, I have zero problems. Or, if I downgrade the kernel
to 2.4.9-31, I can use v3 without noticable problems.

Idears? I just glanced through the IRIX 6.5.16m release notes and did not
notice anything that may help this problem. I see that RedHat has an
errata kernel already, so I will try that as well.

Thanks!
Daryl

--
/**