2003-02-10 02:55:47

by hadi

Subject: Group Permissions

Hi there ,

I have a question . I don't know how to force specific group on a NFS
share . When users save their files / works in the share , it uses a
random group . I want to make a default group so it doesn't change /
randomly pick it's own group . Thanks in advance .

Regards ,

Nurulhadi Ellis
IT Support Engineer
Union Switch & Signal (M) Sdn Bhd
1903 - 1912 , Plaza Pengkalan , 3rd Mile , Jalan Ipoh ,
51100 Kuala Lumpur
MALAYSIA
Ph : +6 03 4045 8055
Fax : +6 03 4045 8970
Email : [email protected]

2003-02-10 03:31:53

by Dave Airlie

Subject: Re: Group Permissions

Isn't really an NFS issue.. NFS doesn't have a group force that I know
off...

Try setting the top group and the sticky group bit..

find . -type d -exec "chgrp group {}" ;
find . -type d -exec "chmod g+s {}" ;

this should make all files in the dirs below end up with the group of the
directroy ..

Dave.

--
David Airlie, Software Engineer