2003-09-03 17:35:14

by David Dougall

Subject: problem with rquotad

Recently replaced the rest of our HPUX nfs servers with linux.
Since this move, we cannot view any of our quotas from these servers
through rquotad. If we run quota -v on the local nfs server, it will
repond with the correct information, but if we do a quota -v from an nfs
client, it responds with 0 usage and 0 quota no matter what.
We have 1 group of linux nfs servers that has been working just fine for
over a year now:
2.4.19-rc3-xfs
nfs-utils-1.0.1
PIII single processor 1Gig memory

The broken group of machines is:
2.4.21-xfs
nfs-utils-1.0.4(with free patch)
P4 single processor 2Gig memory

All of the filesystems are xfs with quotas enabled. I did a tcpdump from
the client and he is sending the same requests to the servers, and getting
returning no quota information.
What can I do to narrow this down more? I didn't think any rquotad
changed between 1.0.1 and 1.0.4. I tried reverting one of the new servers
to 1.0.1, but it didn't seem to make any difference.
Is there some way to get debugging information out of rquotad on the
server?
All of these machines use an almost identical image that was once upon a
time based on Redhat 7.1.
Any help would be appreciated.
--David Dougall