2004-04-21 22:26:10

by David Dougall

Subject: linux nfs outide of x86

I have had little trouble with the linux kernel NFS server implementation
on intel x86 boxes. I was wondering if anyone has any experience either
good or bad with linux NFS server on other architectures. I am looking
into opteron or itanium but would like opinions before jumping into
something.
Thanks
--David Dougall

by Jose R. Santos

Subject: Re: linux nfs outide of x86

On 04/21/04 17:25:55, David Dougall wrote:
> I have had little trouble with the linux kernel NFS server implementation
> on intel x86 boxes. I was wondering if anyone has any experience either
> good or bad with linux NFS server on other architectures. I am looking
> into opteron or itanium but would like opinions before jumping into
> something.
> Thanks
> --David Dougall

Works great on ppc64... :)