2004-05-27 11:40:12

by Harald Hannelius

Subject: Re: Poor NFS performance, kernel 2.6.6. (fwd)

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 27 May 2004 14:38:18 +0300 (EEST)
From: Harald Hannelius <[email protected]>
To: Vincent ROQUETA <[email protected]>
Cc: [email protected]
Subject: Re: [NFS] Poor NFS performance, kernel 2.6.6.

On Thu, 27 May 2004, Vincent ROQUETA wrote:
> Le Jeudi 27 Mai 2004 12:31, Harald Hannelius a =E9crit :

> > I'm running two servers, both Dual Opterons with Broadcom Gb NICs. I'm
> > using the bcm5700 driver and I see no errors whatsoever with 'ifconfig'=
=2E

> on NFSv3, 1 ethernet 1GB I reached 89% of the avalaible brandwith for NF=
Sv3,
> kernel 2.6.3, for file less than the total amount of ram (4Go), and 22% o=
> the brandwith for file over 6Go, because of the use of harddisk use in th=
> copy process (swap).
>
> What is your memory configuration?

I have 1GB ram i both computers, hence the 2GB testfile.

> I am trying to setup a protocol performances to test NFS, with this we ca=
> compare the tests by using the same tools.
> Here is a short description of the tools :
> http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/tools/testing_tools.html
>
> and a survey to determine one tool for perfs :
> http://nfsv4.bullopensource.org/tools/sondage.php

I took iozone and ran an automatic test;

http://people.arcada.fi/~harald/nfs/performance.xls

Or in ascii;

http://people.arcada.fi/~harald/nfs/performance.csv

--=20
A: Top Posters
Q: What is the most annoying thing on mailing lists?

Harald H Hannelius | harald/a\arcada.fi | GSM +358 50 594 1020