2004-06-02 16:24:24

by Paul Jakma

Subject: gss/krb doesnt work with nfsv3?

Hi,

I can not get gss/krb exports to work with NFSv3:

# exportfs -v | grep test ; showmount -e | grep test
/exports/test gss/krb5(rw,wdelay,no_root_squash)
# /etc/init.d/rpcgssd status
rpc.gssd (pid 1556) is running...
# /etc/init.d/rpcsvcgssd status
rpc.svcgssd (pid 26833) is running...

If I try to mount from a client, I get the following:

# mount -o sec=krb5 hibernia:/exports/test /mnt/backup/
mount: hibernia:/exports/test failed, reason given by server:
Permission denied

And in the server logs:

Jun 2 17:08:15 hibernia rpc.mountd: refused mount request from
fogarty.jakma.org for /exports/test (/): not exported

It works if i export with fsid=0 and mount with nfs4 sec=on the
client. Is krb5 supposed to work with NFSv3?

regards,
--
Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to [email protected]

by J. Bruce Fields

Subject: Re: gss/krb doesnt work with nfsv3?

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 05:24:19PM +0100, Paul Jakma wrote:
> I can not get gss/krb exports to work with NFSv3:
>
> # exportfs -v | grep test ; showmount -e | grep test
> /exports/test gss/krb5(rw,wdelay,no_root_squash)
> # /etc/init.d/rpcgssd status
> rpc.gssd (pid 1556) is running...
> # /etc/init.d/rpcsvcgssd status
> rpc.svcgssd (pid 26833) is running...
>
> If I try to mount from a client, I get the following:
>
> # mount -o sec=krb5 hibernia:/exports/test /mnt/backup/
> mount: hibernia:/exports/test failed, reason given by server:
> Permission denied
>
> And in the server logs:
>
> Jun 2 17:08:15 hibernia rpc.mountd: refused mount request from
> fogarty.jakma.org for /exports/test (/): not exported
>
> It works if i export with fsid=0 and mount with nfs4 sec=on the
> client. Is krb5 supposed to work with NFSv3?

Yes, and it's working for me. What version of nfs-utils is your mountd
from? And could I take a look at a trace of the network traffic during
the failed mount?

--b.

by Paul Jakma

On Wed, 2 Jun 2004, J. Bruce Fields wrote:

> Yes, and it's working for me.

Aha.

> What version of nfs-utils is your mountd from?

Fedora Core 2:

# rpm -q nfs-utils
nfs-utils-1.0.6-22

On both client and server.

> And could I take a look at a trace of the network traffic during
> the failed mount?

Sure, hang on.

> --b.

regards,
--
Paul Jakma [email protected] [email protected] Key ID: 64A2FF6A
warning: do not ever send email to [email protected]
Fortune:
"I don't believe in sweeping social change being manifested by one person,
unless he has an atomic weapon."
-- Howard Chaykin