2006-05-24 03:59:51

by parinay

Subject: PyNFS

Friends,
Any help on PyNFS for NFSv2 NFSv3 ??
I have downloaded PyNFS for NFSv4.In process of onfiguring and running it.
Any help on that will also be very much helpfull.

thanks & regards
parinay

--=20
easy is right
begin right and you're easy
continue easy and you're right
the right way to go easy is to forget the right way
and forget that the going is easy....

by Peter Åstrand

Subject: Re: PyNFS

> Any help on PyNFS for NFSv2 NFSv3 ??
> I have downloaded PyNFS for NFSv4.In process of onfiguring and running it.
> Any help on that will also be very much helpfull.

I haven't looked at PyNFS for two years, but then, I was able to generate
Python code for the mount protocol, by using rpcgen.py. This "mount
client" can be found in the UNFS3 CVS.

Don't know about the rest of NFSv2/v3, though.

Kind regards,
--
Peter ?strand ThinLinc Chief Developer
Cendio http://www.cendio.se

2006-05-24 07:37:38

by parinay

Peter,
Sorry to bother you.
I am attempting to run, PyNFS and it is giving me tracebacks, I dont know
python at all.
Can you help me, getting it run ?

Following are the things that I have tried,
-As per the steps, executed, rpcgen.py nfs4.x and
./setup.py install
-The binaries are installed @ ~python/bin

Hereafter i I try to run the nfs4stest, it give this trace back.Same is the
case for test_tree_net.py

My objective is to run this , on NetApp filer, from Linux/solaris NFS
client.
Please let me know, If I am missing something or If you want some more
information on this.
Awaiting.

thanks & regards
parina

-----------------snippet------------------------------------------------------------
[zorba@akam bin]$ ./test_tree_net.py 10.55.63.1 /mnt/test/
sys:1: DeprecationWarning: Non-ASCII character '\xc5' in file
./test_tree_net.py on line 5, but no encoding declared; see
http://www.python.org/peps/pep-0263.html for details
10.55.63.1 None
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./test_tree_net.py", line 426, in ?
main(ncl, directory)
File "./test_tree_net.py", line 91, in main
ncl.init_connection()
File "/root/python/lib/python/nfs4lib.py", line 538, in init_connection

File "/root/python/lib/python/nfs4lib.py", line 793, in check_result

nfs4lib.BadCompoundRes: operation OP_SETCLIENTID returned result
NFS4ERR_INVAL
[zorba@akam bin]

[zorba@akam bin]$ ./nfs4stest.py nfs://myfiler:2049 -t -v st_lock

ERROR: LOCK range over 32 bits should work or return NFS4ERR_BAD_RANGE
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/root/python/lib/python/nfs4st/st_lock.py", line 12, in setUp
self.init_connection()
File "/root/python/lib/python/nfs4st/base_st_classes.py", line 540, in
init_connection
self.failIfRaises(rpc.RPCException, ncl.init_connection,*args,**kwargs)
File "/root/python/lib/python/nfs4st/base_st_classes.py", line 493, in
failIfRaises
self.fail(e)
File "/usr/src/build/475206-i386/install/usr/lib/python2.3/unittest.py",
line 270, in fail
raise self.failureException, msg
AssertionError: operation OP_SETCLIENTID returned result NFS4ERR_INVAL

On 5/24/06, Peter ?strand <[email protected]> wrote:

> > Any help on PyNFS for NFSv2 NFSv3 ??
> > I have downloaded PyNFS for NFSv4.In process of onfiguring and running
it.
> > Any help on that will also be very much helpfull.
>
> I haven't looked at PyNFS for two years, but then, I was able to generate
> Python code for the mount protocol, by using rpcgen.py. This "mount
> client" can be found in the UNFS3 CVS.
>
> Don't know about the rest of NFSv2/v3, though.
>
> Kind regards,
> --
> Peter ?strand ThinLinc Chief Developer
> Cendio http://www.cendio.se
> Teknikringen 3
> 583 30 Link?ping Phone: +46-13-21 46 00

--
easy is right
begin right and you're easy
continue easy and you're right
the right way to go easy is to forget the right way
and forget that the going is easy....

Attachments:
(No filename) (3.05 kB)
(No filename) (4.23 kB)