2007-02-16 13:14:04

by Suresh Jayaraman

Subject: WebNFS support

Does Linux implementation support WebNFS?

Thanks,
Suresh

by Olaf Kirch

Subject: Re: WebNFS support

On Friday 16 February 2007 14:31, Peter =C5strand wrote:
> I have some plans to implement WebNFS support in userspace server unfs3,
> though. Since it can already run the NFS and MOUNT protocol on the same
> TCP port, I haven't considered WebNFS support critical.

At some point in the very distant past I added WebNFS support to
unfsd. There was zero interest in it. I think webnfs was an Internet
bubble idea, ie very trendy but devoid of any technical use.
May it rest in peace.

Olaf
-- =

Olaf Kirch | --- o --- Nous sommes du soleil we love when we play
[email protected] | / | \ sol.dhoop.naytheet.ah kin.ir.samse.qurax