2007-09-30 10:56:25

by Yakov Lerner

Subject: filetimes after creat()

Assume the GMT time on server != GMT time on the client.
I do creat() then stat(). Which filetimes I am supposed to see:
server time or client time ? Is the answer same for atime, mtime, and ctime
?

Thanks
Yakov

Attachments:
(No filename) (213.00 B)
(No filename) (241.00 B)
(No filename) (228.00 B)
(No filename) (140.00 B)

by Trond Myklebust

Subject: Re: filetimes after creat()

On Sun, 2007-09-30 at 12:56 +0200, Yakov Lerner wrote:
> Assume the GMT time on server != GMT time on the client.
> I do creat() then stat(). Which filetimes I am supposed to see:
> server time or client time ?

Server time.

> Is the answer same for atime, mtime, and ctime ?

Yes.

Trond