2009-03-05 17:03:39

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] services_smartmon.patch

2009-03-23 15:24:18

by cpebenito

On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 13:03 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F11/services_smartmon.patch
>
> smartmon needs to be ranged.
>
> Has the ability to create files with the correct context

Why is this managing fixed disks? I thought it was only monitoring
disks.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2009-03-23 19:00:11

by cpebenito

On Mon, 2009-03-23 at 14:14 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 03/23/2009 11:24 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> > On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 13:03 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F11/services_smartmon.patch
> >>
> >> smartmon needs to be ranged.
> >>
> >> Has the ability to create files with the correct context
> >
> > Why is this managing fixed disks? I thought it was only monitoring
> > disks.
> >
> Search for this line in the os_linux.cpp file
>
> /* This function will setup and fix device nodes for a 3ware controller. */

I prefer this to be conditional, so the majority of people without 3ware
controllers can be safe from additional raw disk access.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2009-03-23 18:14:24

by Daniel Walsh

On 03/23/2009 11:24 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-03-05 at 13:03 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F11/services_smartmon.patch
>>
>> smartmon needs to be ranged.
>>
>> Has the ability to create files with the correct context
>
> Why is this managing fixed disks? I thought it was only monitoring
> disks.

Search for this line in the os_linux.cpp file

/* This function will setup and fix device nodes for a 3ware controller. */

We have had to add SELinux inteligence to make sure the device nodes are
labelled correctly.