2010-01-25 22:34:01

by Guido Trentalancia

Subject: [refpolicy] Building MLS/MCS policy

Hold on actually...

It rebooted with the same standard policy and not with the MCS policy.

Hmmm... This problem is persisting ! What should I do ?

Guido

2010-01-26 13:40:34

by Stephen Smalley

On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 23:34 +0100, Guido Trentalancia wrote:
> Hold on actually...
>
> It rebooted with the same standard policy and not with the MCS policy.
>
> Hmmm... This problem is persisting ! What should I do ?

Yes, that makes sense - when libsemanage couldn't load the MCS policy,
it rolled back to the previous one.

What you need to do is to install the MCS policy to a different policy
store (change NAME= in build.conf), then change your /etc/selinux/config
to point to that store, then reboot.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency

2010-01-26 13:41:44

by Stephen Smalley

On Tue, 2010-01-26 at 08:40 -0500, Stephen Smalley wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-01-25 at 23:34 +0100, Guido Trentalancia wrote:
> > Hold on actually...
> >
> > It rebooted with the same standard policy and not with the MCS policy.
> >
> > Hmmm... This problem is persisting ! What should I do ?
>
> Yes, that makes sense - when libsemanage couldn't load the MCS policy,
> it rolled back to the previous one.
>
> What you need to do is to install the MCS policy to a different policy
> store (change NAME= in build.conf), then change your /etc/selinux/config
> to point to that store, then reboot.

Actually, there may be an easier way: you should be able to pass the -n
option to semodule when installing the MCS policy, and then it won't try
to load it. That should allow it to succeed, at which point you can
reboot.

--
Stephen Smalley
National Security Agency