2010-03-09 18:01:46

by Justin P. Mattock

Subject: [refpolicy] what to do: libsemanage.get_home_dirs:

with the latest policy on open suse 11.2
I'm seeing this after building the policy:
libsemanage.get_home_dirs: nobody homedir /var/lib/nobody or its
parent directory conflicts with a file context already specified in
the policy. This usually indicates an incorrectly defined system
account. If it is a system account please make sure its uid is less
than 1000 or its login shell is /sbin/nologin.

with using an older policy on this system, I never saw this.

what to do?

--
Justin P. Mattock

2010-03-09 21:03:06

by Daniel Walsh

On 03/09/2010 01:01 PM, Justin Mattock wrote:
> with the latest policy on open suse 11.2
> I'm seeing this after building the policy:
> libsemanage.get_home_dirs: nobody homedir /var/lib/nobody or its
> parent directory conflicts with a file context already specified in
> the policy. This usually indicates an incorrectly defined system
> account. If it is a system account please make sure its uid is less
> than 1000 or its login shell is /sbin/nologin.
>
> with using an older policy on this system, I never saw this.
>
> what to do?

/var/lib/nobody record in /etc/passwd needs to have a shell of
/bin/false or /sbin/nologin or a UID < 500.

2010-03-09 22:29:19

by Justin P. Mattock

On Tue, 2010-03-09 at 16:03 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 03/09/2010 01:01 PM, Justin Mattock wrote:
> > with the latest policy on open suse 11.2
> > I'm seeing this after building the policy:
> > libsemanage.get_home_dirs: nobody homedir /var/lib/nobody or its
> > parent directory conflicts with a file context already specified in
> > the policy. This usually indicates an incorrectly defined system
> > account. If it is a system account please make sure its uid is less
> > than 1000 or its login shell is /sbin/nologin.
> >
> > with using an older policy on this system, I never saw this.
> >
> > what to do?
> >

> /var/lib/nobody record in /etc/passwd needs to have a shell of
> /bin/false or /sbin/nologin or a UID < 500.

cool thanks..
I'll google a bit before making any changes.
usermod -u 500 login seems to be it,
but I also seen things in the user/group gui
menu which might be safer to try.

Justin P. Mattock

2010-03-10 15:35:35

by alan.rouse

Justin Mattock wrote:
> with the latest policy on open suse 11.2 I'm seeing this after building the policy:
> libsemanage.get_home_dirs: nobody homedir /var/lib/nobody or its parent directory conflicts with a
> file context already specified in the policy. This usually indicates an incorrectly defined system
> account. If it is a system account please make sure its uid is less than 1000 or its login shell is
> /sbin/nologin.
>
> with using an older policy on this system, I never saw this.
>
> what to do?

usermod -s /sbin/nologin nobody

2010-03-10 15:45:32

by Justin P. Mattock

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 10:35 -0500, Alan Rouse wrote:
> Justin Mattock wrote:
> > with the latest policy on open suse 11.2 I'm seeing this after building the policy:
> > libsemanage.get_home_dirs: nobody homedir /var/lib/nobody or its parent directory conflicts with a
> > file context already specified in the policy. This usually indicates an incorrectly defined system
> > account. If it is a system account please make sure its uid is less than 1000 or its login shell is
> > /sbin/nologin.
> >
> > with using an older policy on this system, I never saw this.
> >
> > what to do?
>
> usermod -s /sbin/nologin nobody

just read the other post..
I'll give this a try and see.