2011-11-07 03:47:37

by Russell Coker

Subject: [refpolicy] refpolicywarn/refpolicyerr

How long are we going to keep the refpolicywarn/refpolicyerr things around?

If we are going to keep them for a long time could we get a way to make them
break the build? Something like the -Werror option of GCC?

--
My Main Blog http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog http://doc.coker.com.au/

2011-11-08 13:39:19

by cpebenito

On 11/06/11 22:47, Russell Coker wrote:
> How long are we going to keep the refpolicywarn/refpolicyerr things around?
>
> If we are going to keep them for a long time could we get a way to make them
> break the build? Something like the -Werror option of GCC?

I assume you're referring to the deprecated interfaces. I've been removing some of the really old stuff (eg 2008 and prior), but I think we need to set official removal dates for deprecated interfaces. It'll probably be somewhere like 2 years or so from its original deprecation date. If/when CIL is finished, and refpolicy transitions to a proper high level language, the deprecated interfaces will almost certainly be shed.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC