2016-11-28 00:07:08

by Mira Ressel

Subject: [refpolicy] kmod cap_sys_admin

On Mon, 28 Nov 2016 00:49:04 +0100
Guido Trentalancia <[email protected]> wrote:

> What sort of malfunctioning is it causing apart from the error
> message?
>
> If there is no loss of functionality, I would not change the policy.

Oh, didn't I mention that? kmod loads the module without complaining,
but the graphics driver doesn't actually work; the monitor stays in
VGA mode.

(CCing the refpolicy list; This should've been part of my report.)

Unfortunately, I won't have any time for further debugging in the next
few days, but I'll test this on a vanilla kernel and get feedback from
other gentoo folks as soon as I get the chance.

Regards,
Luis Ressel