2008-08-27 14:54:50

by joropo

Subject: [refpolicy] AVC denials from cups

I don't know how to distinguish between "to get extra functionality",
and "driver is requesting." I submit a print job to the device which
uses the hp:/net/Office... URI and I get AVC denial pop-ups.

My current status is that I've generated allow rules which,
successfully, permit the printer interface to function without warnings.
I would mention that the FAQ which setroubleshoot directed be to was
*very* helpful with respect to generating and applying the necessary
rules. Thanks for the assist!

I should also mention, again(?), that I run SELinux in "permissive"
mode. The AVC warnings are just an annoyance and to not prohibit
further activities.

My reason for filing this bug report derived from following suggestions
received from the #selinux channel on the freenode IRC Network.
From my own point of view, this issue may be dropped. The thread may
prove helpful, however, to anyone else installing the 2.8.7 level of hplip.

Thanks for your attention,
Joropo