2008-08-25 15:52:34

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] Updated ntp policy

http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/Policy/services_ntp.patch

Added support for ntpd_key_t for defining crypto information. Prevent
other domains from reading.

ntp needs getcap
Uses shm for talking to certain time devices.

Add gpsd support

Talks to ptmx also for time devices

2008-09-11 14:53:44

by cpebenito

On Mon, 2008-08-25 at 11:52 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/Policy/services_ntp.patch
>
> Added support for ntpd_key_t for defining crypto information. Prevent
> other domains from reading.
>
> ntp needs getcap
> Uses shm for talking to certain time devices.
>
> Add gpsd support
>
> Talks to ptmx also for time devices

One thing that is weird is this:

+# Necessary to communicate with gpsd devices
+fs_rw_tmpfs_files(ntpd_t)

it sounds like there is a missing filetrans here.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2008-09-11 15:28:25