2008-09-29 09:08:25

by Russell Coker

Subject: [refpolicy] /var/spool/courier

What is the purpose of /var/spool/courier?

Is it for cache files for the webmail or for the mail server?

It appears that the policy is inconsistent in the reference tree. Does anyone
actually have a Courier server running with that policy?

I've got Courier webmail working with my policy...

--
russell at coker.com.au
http://etbe.coker.com.au/ My Blog

http://www.coker.com.au/sponsorship.html Sponsoring Free Software development

2008-09-30 22:02:04

by martin

On 29/09/08 10:08, Russell Coker wrote:
> What is the purpose of /var/spool/courier?
>
> Is it for cache files for the webmail or for the mail server?

It's used for the mail server's queue. I don't use the webmail, so I don't
know if that uses it for anything. (I was a bit surprised when this type
appeared in the policy.)

> It appears that the policy is inconsistent in the reference tree. Does anyone
> actually have a Courier server running with that policy?

The policy in the reference tree covers IMAP and POP servers and webmail,
but doesn't attempt to deal with the MTA. I use my own policy, which I
could publish if anyone wants it, but it's not of good quality.

Best wishes,

--
Martin Orr