2009-08-11 04:06:57

by Justin P. Mattock

Subject: [refpolicy] refpolicy doesnt see ext4 but fix_files does

seems Ive hit yet another interesting thing
(the perils of creating my own system)

in refpolicy sudo make relabel
(shows this)

Relabeling filesystem types: ext2 ext3 xfs jfs
No filesystems with extended attributes found!
make: *** [relabel] Error 1

kernel .config does have ext4 built-in
ext3,ext2 are not built-in(only modules).

fixfiles relabel shows:

Files in the /tmp directory may be labeled incorrectly, this command
can remove all files in /tmp. If you choose to remove files from /tmp,
a reboot will be required after completion.

Do you wish to clean out the /tmp directory [N]? y
Cleaning out /tmp
/bin/rm: cannot remove `/tmp/.X11-unix': Is a directory
filespec_add: conflicting specifications for /usr/bin/getconf and
/usr/lib64/glibc/getconf/POSIX_V7_LP64_OFF64, using
system_u:object_r:lib_t.
filespec_add: conflicting specifications for /usr/bin/git and
/usr/lib64/git-core/git-annotate, using system_u:object_r:lib_t.
find: unknown predicate `-context'
find: unknown predicate `-context'

(seems to have relabeled as should)

the partition scheme is simple:
all ext4 for testing(and a swap on the side!!).

--
Justin P. Mattock

2009-08-11 13:03:50

by cpebenito

On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 21:06 -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
> seems Ive hit yet another interesting thing
> (the perils of creating my own system)
>
> in refpolicy sudo make relabel
> (shows this)
>
> Relabeling filesystem types: ext2 ext3 xfs jfs
> No filesystems with extended attributes found!
> make: *** [relabel] Error 1

Fixed in git.

Also, please don't unnecessarily cross post the refpolicy and selinux
lists.

> kernel .config does have ext4 built-in
> ext3,ext2 are not built-in(only modules).
>
> fixfiles relabel shows:
>

> Files in the /tmp directory may be labeled incorrectly, this command
> can remove all files in /tmp. If you choose to remove files from /tmp,
> a reboot will be required after completion.
>
> Do you wish to clean out the /tmp directory [N]? y
> Cleaning out /tmp
> /bin/rm: cannot remove `/tmp/.X11-unix': Is a directory
> filespec_add: conflicting specifications for /usr/bin/getconf and
> /usr/lib64/glibc/getconf/POSIX_V7_LP64_OFF64, using
> system_u:object_r:lib_t.
> filespec_add: conflicting specifications for /usr/bin/git and
> /usr/lib64/git-core/git-annotate, using system_u:object_r:lib_t.
> find: unknown predicate `-context'
> find: unknown predicate `-context'
>
> (seems to have relabeled as should)
>
> the partition scheme is simple:
> all ext4 for testing(and a swap on the side!!).

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2009-08-11 15:25:37

by Justin P. Mattock

Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 21:06 -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
>
>> seems Ive hit yet another interesting thing
>> (the perils of creating my own system)
>>
>> in refpolicy sudo make relabel
>> (shows this)
>>
>> Relabeling filesystem types: ext2 ext3 xfs jfs
>> No filesystems with extended attributes found!
>> make: *** [relabel] Error 1
>>

> Fixed in git.
>
> Also, please don't unnecessarily cross post the refpolicy and selinux
> lists.
>

>> kernel .config does have ext4 built-in
>> ext3,ext2 are not built-in(only modules).
>>
>> fixfiles relabel shows:
>>

>> Files in the /tmp directory may be labeled incorrectly, this command
>> can remove all files in /tmp. If you choose to remove files from /tmp,
>> a reboot will be required after completion.
>>
>> Do you wish to clean out the /tmp directory [N]? y
>> Cleaning out /tmp
>> /bin/rm: cannot remove `/tmp/.X11-unix': Is a directory
>> filespec_add: conflicting specifications for /usr/bin/getconf and
>> /usr/lib64/glibc/getconf/POSIX_V7_LP64_OFF64, using
>> system_u:object_r:lib_t.
>> filespec_add: conflicting specifications for /usr/bin/git and
>> /usr/lib64/git-core/git-annotate, using system_u:object_r:lib_t.
>> find: unknown predicate `-context'
>> find: unknown predicate `-context'
>>
>> (seems to have relabeled as should)
>>
>> the partition scheme is simple:
>> all ext4 for testing(and a swap on the side!!).

fixed as in git today, or a few days ago. i.g. pulled
yesterday.

Justin P. Mattock

2009-08-11 15:39:21

by cpebenito

On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 08:25 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
> Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> > On Mon, 2009-08-10 at 21:06 -0700, Justin Mattock wrote:
> >
> >> seems Ive hit yet another interesting thing
> >> (the perils of creating my own system)
> >>
> >> in refpolicy sudo make relabel
> >> (shows this)
> >>
> >> Relabeling filesystem types: ext2 ext3 xfs jfs
> >> No filesystems with extended attributes found!
> >> make: *** [relabel] Error 1
> >>

> > Fixed in git.

> fixed as in git today, or a few days ago. i.g. pulled
> yesterday.

Fixed right before I sent the email.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2009-08-11 16:06:34

by Justin P. Mattock

Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-08-11 at 08:25 -0700, Justin P. Mattock wrote:
>
>> Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:

>>> Fixed in git.
>>>

>> fixed as in git today, or a few days ago. i.g. pulled
>> yesterday.
>>

> Fixed right before I sent the email.

Nice work.
just pulled, make relabel worked like