2009-11-12 21:05:37

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] kernel_terminal.patch

http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/kernel_terminal.patch

ptmx moved to /dev/pts

fixup interfaces

console_device_t on Zseries is same as tty_device_t

2009-11-19 20:01:13

by cpebenito

On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 16:05 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/kernel_terminal.patch
>
> ptmx moved to /dev/pts
>
> fixup interfaces

Merged.

> console_device_t on Zseries is same as tty_device_t

If I recall correctly, there is an instance where a system logs into
console_device_t, so relabel permissions are required on that type.
Perhaps we should look into conditionally treating console_device_t and
tty_device_t as the same thing on these system(s)?

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2009-11-19 22:01:12

by Daniel Walsh

On 11/19/2009 03:01 PM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Thu, 2009-11-12 at 16:05 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/kernel_terminal.patch
>>
>> ptmx moved to /dev/pts
>>
>> fixup interfaces
>
> Merged.
>
>> console_device_t on Zseries is same as tty_device_t
>
> If I recall correctly, there is an instance where a system logs into
> console_device_t, so relabel permissions are required on that type.
> Perhaps we should look into conditionally treating console_device_t and
> tty_device_t as the same thing on these system(s)?

Yes although I do not plan on per arch policy.