2010-02-17 15:54:44

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] roles_staff.patch

http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/roles_staff.patch
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/roles_unprivuser.patch
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/roles_sysadm.patch

Updated patches including ifndef redhat to remove all the old cruft caused by the per_role_template in ancient policy.

staff - Add setexec so it can use sandbox

Allow it to read kernel state.
Allow it to use rtkit

Lots of real world access required by staff_usertype.

Also allow staff_t to transition to unconfined_t through sudo.

2010-02-18 16:32:21

by cpebenito

On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 10:54 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/roles_staff.patch
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/roles_unprivuser.patch
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F12/roles_sysadm.patch
>
> Updated patches including ifndef redhat to remove all the old cruft caused by the per_role_template in ancient policy.

These don't look updated; I don't see any ifndef.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2010-02-18 17:57:01

by Daniel Walsh

On 02/18/2010 11:32 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 10:54 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_staff.patch
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_unprivuser.patch
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_sysadm.patch
>>
>> Updated patches including ifndef redhat to remove all the old cruft caused by the per_role_template in ancient policy.
>
> These don't look updated; I don't see any ifndef.
>
>> staff - Add setexec so it can use sandbox
>>
>> Allow it to read kernel state.
>> Allow it to use rtkit
>>
>> Lots of real world access required by staff_usertype.
>>
>> Also allow staff_t to transition to unconfined_t through sudo.

Sorry.
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_staff.patch
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_unprivuser.patch
http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_sysadm.patch

2010-02-19 13:47:34

by cpebenito

On Thu, 2010-02-18 at 12:57 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 02/18/2010 11:32 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> > On Wed, 2010-02-17 at 10:54 -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> >> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_staff.patch
> >> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_unprivuser.patch
> >> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_sysadm.patch
> >>
> >> Updated patches including ifndef redhat to remove all the old cruft caused by the per_role_template in ancient policy.
> >
> > These don't look updated; I don't see any ifndef.
> >
> >> staff - Add setexec so it can use sandbox
> >>
> >> Allow it to read kernel state.
> >> Allow it to use rtkit
> >>
> >> Lots of real world access required by staff_usertype.
> >>
> >> Also allow staff_t to transition to unconfined_t through sudo.
> >>

> Sorry.
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_staff.patch
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_unprivuser.patch
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F13/roles_sysadm.patch

Please collect all the indef distro_redhat down at the bottom, in one
single large ifndef block for each module.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC