2010-06-02 19:46:35

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] admin_dmesg.patch

http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F14/admin_dmesg.patch

Abrt transitions to sosreport_t which transitions to dmesg_t

And leaks these descriptors.

2010-06-17 12:26:20

by cpebenito

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 15:46 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F14/admin_dmesg.patch
>
> Abrt transitions to sosreport_t which transitions to dmesg_t
>
> And leaks these descriptors.

It sounds like these should be dontaudit instead (?)

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2010-06-18 18:47:03

by Daniel Walsh

On 06/17/2010 08:26 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 15:46 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F14/admin_dmesg.patch
>>
>> Abrt transitions to sosreport_t which transitions to dmesg_t
>>
>> And leaks these descriptors.
>
> It sounds like these should be dontaudit instead (?)

No I guess in this case leak is the wrong term. It is passing along an
stdout which points for a file in its /var/run directory

abrt execs "sosreport > /var/run/sosreport/report.dat"

So we want to allow the dmesg output to get stored in this file.