2010-06-02 20:25:34

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] kernel_kernel.patch

http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F14/kernel_kernel.patch

Add ability to dontaudit requiests to load kernel modules. If you
disable ipv6 every confined app that does ip, tries to get the kernel to
load the module.

Better handling of unlabeled files by the kernel interfaces

Apps needs to connect to the kernel stream

Add type for infinibandeventfs

Need to allow unlabeled_t files to be put on disk in order that livecd
will work.

2010-06-07 15:08:53

by cpebenito

On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 16:25 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F14/kernel_kernel.patch
>
> Add ability to dontaudit requiests to load kernel modules. If you
> disable ipv6 every confined app that does ip, tries to get the kernel to
> load the module.
>
> Better handling of unlabeled files by the kernel interfaces
>
> Apps needs to connect to the kernel stream

What are the examples?

> Add type for infinibandeventfs

This seems best suited for filesystem.

> Need to allow unlabeled_t files to be put on disk in order that livecd
> will work.

Thats odd; I would think that the filesystem being created would be
iso9660_t.

Otherwise merged.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2010-06-07 17:16:16

by Daniel Walsh

On 06/07/2010 11:08 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-06-02 at 16:25 -0400, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
>> http://people.fedoraproject.org/~dwalsh/SELinux/F14/kernel_kernel.patch
>>
>> Add ability to dontaudit requiests to load kernel modules. If you
>> disable ipv6 every confined app that does ip, tries to get the kernel to
>> load the module.
>>
>> Better handling of unlabeled files by the kernel interfaces
>>
>> Apps needs to connect to the kernel stream

I guess we should hold off on this and remove it. Might have been
caused by the transition from sysinit/mkinitrd to upstart/dracut. I
will remove from Rawhide and see if this comes back.
> What are the examples?
>
>> Add type for infinibandeventfs
>
> This seems best suited for filesystem.

Ok If you want to move them there, or I will when you commit the changes.
>> Need to allow unlabeled_t files to be put on disk in order that livecd
>> will work.
>
> Thats odd; I would think that the filesystem being created would be
> iso9660_t.
>
> Otherwise merged.

No, livecd-creator is labeling files with labels the kernel does not
understand. So from the host perspective, these labels are unlabeled_t
(Worst name ever).
livecd-creator creates a directory under /tmp and starts installing
files using rpm, rpm uses a file context file different from the host.
Causing unlabeled_t files to be stored on ext3 file system