2011-03-03 10:44:39

by mgrepl

Subject: [refpolicy] [patch 2/2] namespace: new policy for namespace.init script

http://mgrepl.fedorapeople.org/F15/apps_namespace_p2.patch

* adds polydomain attribute for login programs
* namespace.init runs restorecon
* make ssh_home_t parent of polyinstantiated directory since
pam_namespace.so can be used for ssh
* make user_tmp_t parent of polyinstantiated directory

2011-03-21 14:44:34

by cpebenito

On 03/03/11 05:44, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
> http://mgrepl.fedorapeople.org/F15/apps_namespace_p2.patch
>
> * adds polydomain attribute for login programs

I'm unsure why this is necessary.

> * namespace.init runs restorecon
> * make ssh_home_t parent of polyinstantiated directory since
> pam_namespace.so can be used for ssh

I don't think I follow. Wouldn't the whole home directory be
polyinstantiated, not just the .ssh dir?

> * make user_tmp_t parent of polyinstantiated directory

This also seems odd.

--
Chris PeBenito
Tresys Technology, LLC

2011-03-22 12:25:52

by Daniel Walsh

2011-03-23 13:39:09

by cpebenito

On 03/22/11 08:25, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> On 03/21/2011 10:44 AM, Christopher J. PeBenito wrote:
>> On 03/03/11 05:44, Miroslav Grepl wrote:
>>> http://mgrepl.fedorapeople.org/F15/apps_namespace_p2.patch
>>>
>>> * adds polydomain attribute for login programs
>
>> I'm unsure why this is necessary.
>
>>> * namespace.init runs restorecon
>>> * make ssh_home_t parent of polyinstantiated directory since
>>> pam_namespace.so can be used for ssh
>
>> I don't think I follow. Wouldn't the whole home directory be
>> polyinstantiated, not just the .ssh dir?
>
>>> * make user_tmp_t parent of polyinstantiated directory
>
>> This also seems odd.
>
> Lets examine what is going on. We want to allow the login programs to
> populate a newly created directory from /etc/skel with proper labelling.
> If the admin puts /etc/skel/.ssh then this directory needs to be
> created by namespace.init with ssh_home_t.

Yes, I know thats what happens. I just got polydir and polyparent mixed up.