2012-01-06 17:28:38

by Daniel Walsh

Subject: [refpolicy] Contribute ctdbd policy from Fedora to Refpolicy

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: ctdbd.patch
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 9288 bytes
Desc: not available

2012-01-09 21:08:35

by sven.vermeulen

On Fri, Jan 06, 2012 at 12:28:38PM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> Please Review and Ack.
[...]

There's some indentation wrong (especially in the interfaces), looks like
there are some lines with tab and some with spaces.

> +exec_files_pattern(ctdbd_t, ctdbd_var_lib_t, ctdbd_var_lib_t)

Oh noes, not again ;-)

Same here like with boinc, is there a possibility to have some segregation
between the "regular" ctdbd_var_lib_t and the files ctdbd_t wants to
execute?

If not (or not feasible), ok by me.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen

2012-01-09 21:22:38

by Daniel Walsh

2012-01-09 21:46:04

by sven.vermeulen

On Mon, Jan 09, 2012 at 04:22:38PM -0500, Daniel J Walsh wrote:
> > Same here like with boinc, is there a possibility to have some
> > segregation between the "regular" ctdbd_var_lib_t and the files
> > ctdbd_t wants to execute?
>
> Maybe if these have a constant name, but we have to ask Miroslav.
> Maybe we could use file_name_trans rules, but I still think we end up
> with a type that has to be written and executed by the same domain.

It's a bit odd that it's the "generic" _var_lib_t domain for this purpose.
It gives users a different impression (I don't imagine that any *_var_lib_t
is executed by its "parent" domain).

$ sesearch -c file -p write -A | grep execute | grep var_lib
allow xserver_t xkb_var_lib_t : file { write ... execute execute_no_trans } ;

That's the only one on my system where a domain has both write and execute
rights to a _var_lib_t type. When I'm aware of a domain writing and executing
files (because its "flexible" that way) I always hope that this results in a
separate domain (like with boic) or that it isn't for a wide type.

Of course, there are plenty of examples out there where this doesn't hold up
(like logrotate_t having write/execute rights for logrotate_tmp_t) so I'm
not /against/ these policies (boinc and ctdbd), just careful.

Wkr,
Sven Vermeulen