2016-08-31 22:33:06

by rfkrocktk

Subject: [refpolicy] Compiling and Loading Refpolicy in Fedora VM

Seeing that my Vagrant PR went through (thanks Chris), I'm testing my
work on the Syncthing module in the Vagrant Fedora 24 VM. I'm
compiling my policy with:

sudo make load DISTRO=redhat SYSTEMD=y

However, when I go to query things defined about Syncthing, I get nothing back

$ sudo semanage port -l | grep syncthing
# nothing
$ sudo semanage module -l | grep syncthing
# nothing

Is there an additional step I need to take to get the policy loaded
into this Fedora VM's kernel? It appears that it's loading it into the
kernel, but it doesn't appear that it actually is doing that.

2016-08-31 23:03:06

by Chris PeBenito

On 08/31/16 18:33, Naftuli Tzvi Kay via refpolicy wrote:
> Seeing that my Vagrant PR went through (thanks Chris), I'm testing my
> work on the Syncthing module in the Vagrant Fedora 24 VM. I'm
> compiling my policy with:
>
> sudo make load DISTRO=redhat SYSTEMD=y
>
> However, when I go to query things defined about Syncthing, I get nothing back
>
> $ sudo semanage port -l | grep syncthing
> # nothing
> $ sudo semanage module -l | grep syncthing
> # nothing
>
> Is there an additional step I need to take to get the policy loaded
> into this Fedora VM's kernel? It appears that it's loading it into the
> kernel, but it doesn't appear that it actually is doing that.

Did you change your /etc/selinux/config to point at refpolicy?

--
Chris PeBenito