2017-04-02 12:09:10

by Russell Coker

Subject: [refpolicy] Fedora policy

Rawhide currently has refpolicy 2.20130424. Are there any plans to use a more
recent version for Fedora?

When I tried applying the rawhide patches to the latest git policy the base
patch had 14105 lines rejected out of the 55226 lines in the patch. Many of
the rejects were "previously applied" according to patch, which is expected
given that I took some Fedora policy into the Debian tree and then sent it
upstream.

The contrib patch had 30985 lines rejected out of the 122409 lines total.

--
My Main Blog http://etbe.coker.com.au/
My Documents Blog http://doc.coker.com.au/

2017-04-03 06:23:31

by Daniel Walsh

On 04/02/2017 03:09 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> Rawhide currently has refpolicy 2.20130424. Are there any plans to use a more
> recent version for Fedora?
>
> When I tried applying the rawhide patches to the latest git policy the base
> patch had 14105 lines rejected out of the 55226 lines in the patch. Many of
> the rejects were "previously applied" according to patch, which is expected
> given that I took some Fedora policy into the Debian tree and then sent it
> upstream.
>
> The contrib patch had 30985 lines rejected out of the 122409 lines total.

Lukas is in charge of Fedora Policy now.

2017-04-03 08:47:26

by Lukas Vrabec

On 04/03/2017 08:23 AM, Daniel Walsh wrote:
> On 04/02/2017 03:09 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
>> Rawhide currently has refpolicy 2.20130424. Are there any plans to use a more
>> recent version for Fedora?

Yes, I'm working on rebase the latest release of refpolicy for Fedora.
Right now I'm rebasing base branch. Keep you informed when I'll have any
news related to rebase.

Lukas.

>> When I tried applying the rawhide patches to the latest git policy the base
>> patch had 14105 lines rejected out of the 55226 lines in the patch. Many of
>> the rejects were "previously applied" according to patch, which is expected
>> given that I took some Fedora policy into the Debian tree and then sent it
>> upstream.
>>
>> The contrib patch had 30985 lines rejected out of the 122409 lines total.
>>
> Lukas is in charge of Fedora Policy now.

--
Lukas Vrabec
SELinux Solutions
Red Hat, Inc.

2017-04-03 14:16:36

by Russell Coker

On Mon, 3 Apr 2017 06:47:26 PM Lukas Vrabec wrote:
> On 04/03/2017 08:23 AM, Daniel Walsh wrote:
> > On 04/02/2017 03:09 PM, Russell Coker wrote:
> >> Rawhide currently has refpolicy 2.20130424. Are there any plans to use
> >> a more recent version for Fedora?
>
> Yes, I'm working on rebase the latest release of refpolicy for Fedora.
> Right now I'm rebasing base branch. Keep you informed when I'll have any
> news related to rebase.

I'm glad to hear that's going well.

While the base stuff tends to have a lot of inter-dependencies, the contrib
stuff often stands alone. It might be a good idea to submit some of the
contrib stuff upstream now.