2016-10-25 13:11:58

by David Graziano

Subject: [refpolicy] POSIX mqueues

I am attempting to write policy for a set of applications which use
POSIX mqueues using named type_transistion rules to uniquely label the
mqueue files in the /dev/mqueue directory then controlling access
based on the types. Standard type transition rules seem to work but I
cannot seem to get the named type transitions to apply the proper
label. Are named type transitions not supported by the mqueue file
system? I?m on a 3.14 series kernel with policy version 28 if that
helps. I?d like to avoid needing to do a restorecon after a new queue
is created. Named type transistions seem to work on other file systems
like tmp and jffs2.

Thanks in advance,
David Graziano