2012-11-30 23:22:47

by Ben Greear

Subject: RF Attenuator project v1.0 is complete.

I've previously posted about working on an RF attenuator to better
test WiFi systems. Today we officially released this, including
Arduino source code and Eagle PCB layout files for the Arduino shield.

I believe that anyone could use this code and PCB files (and
appropriate components) to build an Attenuator if they so
desired. Links to source code and other info is below.

http://bens-workshop.blogspot.com/2012/11/lanforge-attenuator-v10-is-complete.html

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>

by Paul Stoaks

Subject: RE: RF Attenuator project v1.0 is complete.

Excellent! I was wondering if there was anything like this being worked on.
The ones I've worked with have been very expensive, out of reach for small
companies or researchers.

Will Candela be selling these as completed units?

Paul

On 11/30/2012 05:31 PM, Paul Stoaks wrote:
> Excellent! I was wondering if there was anything like this being worked on.
> The ones I've worked with have been very expensive, out of reach for small
> companies or researchers.

If you make it from parts, the cost is $1700 or so, with the bulk of the
cost being the 3 attenuator modules. You can actually do this with just
the Arduino MEGA..our shield just makes it a heck of a lot easier to
cable everything up properly.

> Will Candela be selling these as completed units?

Yes, but I will send you some details off the list.

Thanks,
Ben

--
Ben Greear <[email protected]>