2022-03-15 17:34:16

by Philip Prindeville

Subject: WiFi 6 certified location service

Hi,

I was wondering what's involved in getting Linux to support WiFi-6 certified location service?

Does that require timestamping in the drivers? Or is the service provided in user-space like hostapd?

Is anyone working on it?

Thanks,

-Philip

2022-03-16 22:47:14

by James

Subject: Re: WiFi 6 certified location service

> The Wi-Fi CERTIFIED™ seal of approval designates products with proven
> interoperability, backward compatibility, and the highest
> industry-standard security protections in place.
My guess is if the Windows driver is Wifi certified and the Linux driver
supports everything in the hardware then it'll support anything that a
location service needs.
I would only rely on in-kernel drivers (or Intel).
So I have no answer for you. :-)

On 2022-03-15 19:51, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Have a look at:
>
> https://www.wi-fi.org/discover-wi-fi/wi-fi-location
>

>> On Mar 15, 2022, at 5:49 PM, James <[email protected]> wrote:
>>

>> What is that?
>> Searching wasn't clear.
>>
>> On 2022-03-14 12:36, Philip Prindeville wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I was wondering what's involved in getting Linux to support WiFi-6 certified location service?
>>>
>>> Does that require timestamping in the drivers? Or is the service provided in user-space like hostapd?
>>>
>>> Is anyone working on it?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> -Philip

2022-03-17 03:50:15

by James

What is that?
Searching wasn't clear.

On 2022-03-14 12:36, Philip Prindeville wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering what's involved in getting Linux to support WiFi-6 certified location service?
>
> Does that require timestamping in the drivers? Or is the service provided in user-space like hostapd?
>
> Is anyone working on it?
>
> Thanks,
>
> -Philip

2022-03-17 04:24:47