2019-03-14 09:08:07

by Robert Marko

Subject: wil6210 firmware version

Hi,
I am working on OpenWrt support for device using wil6210 card.
I am using firmware and board file provided in linux-firmware for its
development but it appears tha most of newer features that driver
enables are firmware dependant and version 5.2 in linux-firmware is
too old to expose those.

Is there any chance of QCA pushing updated version to linux-firmware?

Thanks
Robert Marko

2019-03-14 10:03:50

by Maya Erez

Subject: Re: wil6210 firmware version

On 2019-03-14 11:07, Robert Marko wrote:
> Hi,
> I am working on OpenWrt support for device using wil6210 card.
> I am using firmware and board file provided in linux-firmware for its
> development but it appears tha most of newer features that driver
> enables are firmware dependant and version 5.2 in linux-firmware is
> too old to expose those.
>
> Is there any chance of QCA pushing updated version to linux-firmware?
>
> Thanks
> Robert Marko

Is there any specific feature you are interested in?

--
Maya Erez
Qualcomm Israel, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.

2019-03-14 10:05:58

by Robert Marko

Biggest thing would be Channel 4 support as it is supported by driver
but requires FW support also.
But I would also like 20 station limit instead of 8.

Cheers
Robert Marko

On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 11:03, <[email protected]> wrote:

> On 2019-03-14 11:07, Robert Marko wrote:
> > Hi,
> > I am working on OpenWrt support for device using wil6210 card.
> > I am using firmware and board file provided in linux-firmware for its
> > development but it appears tha most of newer features that driver
> > enables are firmware dependant and version 5.2 in linux-firmware is
> > too old to expose those.
> >
> > Is there any chance of QCA pushing updated version to linux-firmware?
> >
> > Thanks
> > Robert Marko
>
> Is there any specific feature you are interested in?
>
> --
> Maya Erez
> Qualcomm Israel, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
> The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a
> Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

2019-03-24 12:30:48

by Maya Erez

On 2019-03-14 12:05, Robert Marko wrote:
> Biggest thing would be Channel 4 support as it is supported by driver
> but requires FW support also.
> But I would also like 20 station limit instead of 8.
>
> Cheers
> Robert Marko

Those features are supported only on Talyn device (latest wil6210 HW),
which is not available in market yet.

Thanks,
Maya

> On Thu, 14 Mar 2019 at 11:03, <[email protected]> wrote:
>>
>> On 2019-03-14 11:07, Robert Marko wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> > I am working on OpenWrt support for device using wil6210 card.
>> > I am using firmware and board file provided in linux-firmware for its
>> > development but it appears tha most of newer features that driver
>> > enables are firmware dependant and version 5.2 in linux-firmware is
>> > too old to expose those.
>> >
>> > Is there any chance of QCA pushing updated version to linux-firmware?
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > Robert Marko
>>
>> Is there any specific feature you are interested in?
>>
>> --
>> Maya Erez
>> Qualcomm Israel, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
>> The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum,
>> Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

--
Maya Erez
Qualcomm Israel, Inc. on behalf of Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc.
The Qualcomm Innovation Center, Inc. is a member of Code Aurora Forum, a
Linux Foundation Collaborative Project

2019-03-24 12:32:30

by Robert Marko

Well, that was not noted anywhere.
I am sure that there are also other interesting things in newer
firmware, especially since the device that I am working on is using
6.2 FW itself in stock firmware.