2023-04-19 09:57:05

by Andrei Chalapco

Subject: rtw89 (realtek drivers)

Hi,

I've recently bought a new laptop (Hp pavilion with the Realtek
RTL8852BE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter) and when using Fedora 37 it
won't find the wireless adapter. (still with a 6.2 kernel version).

Already found the rtw89 drivers on the linux kernel but they don't
seem to work and I also don't understand why a github repo
lwfinger/rtw89 seems to work.
I was wondering when this chipset will be supported by the linux kernel.

Thanks

2023-04-19 12:03:49

by Larry Finger

Subject: Re: rtw89 (realtek drivers)

On 4/19/23 04:48, Andrei Chalapco wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've recently bought a new laptop (Hp pavilion with the Realtek
> RTL8852BE WiFi 6 802.11ax PCIe Adapter) and when using Fedora 37 it
> won't find the wireless adapter. (still with a 6.2 kernel version).
>
> Already found the rtw89 drivers on the linux kernel but they don't
> seem to work and I also don't understand why a github repo
> lwfinger/rtw89 seems to work.
> I was wondering when this chipset will be supported by the linux kernel.
>
> Thanks

It is supported in the 6.3 kernel, which will be released soon.

Larry