2011-04-07 19:04:13

by compat

Subject: Compat-wireless release for 2011-04-07 is baked

>From git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/next/linux-next
+ 395560b...8705bda akpm-end -> origin/akpm-end (forced update)
44148a6..6221f222 akpm-start -> origin/akpm-start
88580e0..0fd5839 history -> origin/history
+ edda5da...76ccece master -> origin/master (forced update)
44148a6..6221f222 stable -> origin/stable
* [new tag] next-20110407 -> next-20110407
* [new tag] v2.6.39-rc2 -> v2.6.39-rc2
cat: /var/opt/compat/compat-wireless-2.6/compat_version: No such file or directory
cat: compat_base_tree: No such file or directory
cat: compat_base_tree_version: No such file or directory
cat: compat_version: No such file or directory
cat: /var/opt/compat/compat-wireless-2.6/compat_version: No such file or directory
/usr/bin/sha1sum: *.tar.bz2: No such file or directory

compat-wireless code metrics

846053 - Total upstream lines of code being pulled

2011-04-14 15:32:35

by Walter Goldens

Subject: Re: Compat-wireless release for 2011-04-07 is baked

> The cron job generating compat-wireless places it to a
> location, so it
> is available for download on orbit, the cron job is running
> on a server
> at orbit. Now some other cron job copies it to
> wireless.kernel.org.
>
> The scripts generating compat-wireless can be found here:
> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/compat-user.git;a=tree

Thanks for clearing this up, Hauke. There hasn't been one single compat-wireless tar ball for the month of April.

> > PS, I guess this CW bot "baker" needs a little
> fine-tuning
> Yes that's true. Are you willing to improve it so it
> generated better
> messages on failure?

I'm willing, but I've got my hands full right now. Luis is maintaining this, isn't he? I think he's away now. Maybe he'd like to check with his own creations.
Do you have time to improve the scripts, Hauke?

2011-04-07 21:47:17

by Hauke Mehrtens

On 04/07/2011 10:47 PM, Walter Goldens wrote:
> [...]
Hi Walter,

the subject of this message is wrong, compat-wireless release for
2011-04-07 was not baked, because some patches do not apply. ;-)
A successful message should look like this:
http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg66930.html
When the statistic is included it was successful.

compat-wireless is build automatically by a daily cron job and this cron
job also sends these mails.

You could apply the patches I send to the mailing list some hours ago
and generate your own compat-wireless version or wait some time.

Hauke

2011-04-07 20:53:57

by Walter Goldens

Luis, I've been meaning to ask you. Every now and then the CW mails claim that a new compat-wireless is released, but often is the case where it's not actually uploaded. Neither in kernel.org nor orbit-lab.
Do you manually upload them and is it possible to automate to uploading procedure as well?

Walter

2011-04-15 01:16:24

by Luis R. Rodriguez

On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:38 AM, Luis R. Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 8:32 AM, Walter Goldens
> <[email protected]> wrote:
>>> The cron job generating compat-wireless places it to a
>>> location, so it
>>> is available for download on orbit, the cron job is running
>>> on a server
>>> at orbit. Now some other cron job copies it to
>>> wireless.kernel.org.
>>>
>>> The scripts generating compat-wireless can be found here:
>>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/compat-user.git;a=tree
>>

>> Thanks for clearing this up, Hauke. There hasn't been one single compat-wireless tar ball for the month of April.

>>> fine-tuning
>>> Yes that's true. Are you willing to improve it so it
>>> generated better
>>> messages on failure?
>>
>> I'm willing, but I've got my hands full right now. Luis is maintaining this, isn't he? I think he's away now. Maybe he'd like to check with his own creations.
>
> I'm not away, just doing other things. Will check this out today.

OK fixed, lets see what this thing spits out tomorrow, but I think it
should be fixed.

Luis

2011-04-07 22:09:01

by Walter Goldens

> > Walter
> Hi Walter,
>
> the subject of this message is wrong, compat-wireless
> release for
> 2011-04-07 was not baked, because some patches do not
> apply. ;-)
> A successful message should look like this:
> http://www.spinics.net/lists/linux-wireless/msg66930.html
> When the statistic is included it was successful.
>
> compat-wireless is build automatically by a daily cron job
> and this cron
> job also sends these mails.
>
> You could apply the patches I send to the mailing list some
> hours ago
> and generate your own compat-wireless version or wait some
> time.
>
> Hauke

Hello Hauke,

I understand the mechanics of the cron job generating compat-wireless tar balls and emails to the mailing list. I don't understand who /or what/ uploads them in kernel.org and orbit lab?
http://www.orbit-lab.org/kernel/compat-wireless-2.6/
http://wireless.kernel.org/download/compat-wireless-2.6/

Walter

PS, I guess this CW bot "baker" needs a little fine-tuning

2011-04-15 13:39:25

by Walter Goldens

--- On Fri, 4/15/11, Luis R. Rodriguez <[email protected]> wrote:

> OK fixed, lets see what this thing spits out tomorrow, but
> I think it should be fixed.

It spat a tar ball over twice the size of the normal CW archives. Inside is another "compat-wireless-2.6" directory with the same contents, doubling its size. Also, I think the cronjob won't send emails now.

Walter

2011-04-14 15:38:56

by Luis R. Rodriguez

<[email protected]> wrote:
>> The cron job generating compat-wireless places it to a
>> location, so it
>> is available for download on orbit, the cron job is running
>> on a server
>> at orbit. Now some other cron job copies it to
>> wireless.kernel.org.
>>
>> The scripts generating compat-wireless can be found here:
>> http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/mcgrof/compat-user.git;a=tree
>

> Thanks for clearing this up, Hauke. There hasn't been one single compat-wireless tar ball for the month of April.
>

>> > PS, I guess this CW bot "baker" needs a little
>> fine-tuning
>> Yes that's true. Are you willing to improve it so it
>> generated better
>> messages on failure?
>
> I'm willing, but I've got my hands full right now. Luis is maintaining this, isn't he? I think he's away now. Maybe he'd like to check with his own creations.

I'm not away, just doing other things. Will check this out today.

Luis

2011-04-13 20:25:54

by Hauke Mehrtens

Hi Walter,