2007-12-23 09:57:37

by YanBo

Subject: Can't access google.com in Airgo wireless card driver

Hi,

Sorry for disturbing you before the Christmas day, but we meet a
wired bug that harassment us for a long time. and it delay our plan to
submit the driver to wireless-2.6.

In the process of test Airgo wireless card driver, we found it work
well except when access google.com. after trace the debug log of the
card, it showed the three TCP handshake can be sent successfully to
google.com, but the TX will always failed when sent the first HTTP
request packet. By using Kismet, we found the http request packets
can't be sniffed. that means it never be sent out from the card, but
the mac80211 indeed passed a http request packets to the card. At the
first we doubt that is because the google's reason or some unknown
firewall stop the request. and later, we do the test in different
places or even in different country. but all got the same result.

Attach is a screenshot of Wireshark, it show a completely process
that access google.com by this card, you can notice between number
23565 and 23601, there is no http request packet detected, and then
google send "fin packet" to close this session because of timeout.
and that only happened when access google.com but not other websites.

We have struggle with this bug nearly a month but still haven't
figure out the root cause, hence want to ask help from community, if
you have any suggestion or other info that helpfully , it will be
greatly appreciate!

Below is the process about how to reproduce the bug( you need have a
f5d8010 or wgm511 card first) :
1: Git the driver from http://git.sipsolutions.net/agnx.git
2: hard reset the git tree to 30f4fe6162539a1fd4173bfb50c3095e5f2a800e
3: Change the KDIR macro in Makefile to you own kernel source code path
4: Compile , insert the module and wake up the net interface
5: Connect with a AP that without any encryption method ( the driver
hasn't support encrypt yet)
7: Get the IP and send more than 15 ping packets to the AP.
8: Connect to any websites as you want, and then try connect to google.com.

(cause the log of kismet and debug log are very large, so they aren't
attached in this mail, if you need more info about this problem or
how to reproduce it , please tell me, thanks!)

BR
Li YanBo

Attachments:
(No filename) (2.19 kB)