2008-12-25 00:05:21

by Johannes Berg

Subject: Broadcom 11n implementation

Hey,

I hope those of you who got their presents today enjoyed that. Here's
one from me for the poor souls like myself who have a Broadcom 11n chip:

I've been publishing specifications for things we have reverse
engineered, is anyone interested in implementing this? If so, go wild,
but synchronise on the list if there are multiple people. John, I think
you had somebody who was interested, but I can't find the email right
now.

Michael has said that he might be able to help a bit (review maybe), but
won't implement the bulk of it. And I actually need this code ASAP since
I failed to replace the wireless card in my new MacBook (I couldn't even
find it).

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (836.00 B)
This is a digitally signed message part

2008-12-25 02:35:32

by YanBo

Subject: Re: Broadcom 11n implementation

On 12/25/08, Michael Buesch <[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thursday 25 December 2008 01:05:30 Johannes Berg wrote:
>> Hey,
>>
>> I hope those of you who got their presents today enjoyed that. Here's
>> one from me for the poor souls like myself who have a Broadcom 11n chip:
>>
>> I've been publishing specifications for things we have reverse
>> engineered, is anyone interested in implementing this? If so, go wild,
>> but synchronise on the list if there are multiple people. John, I think
>> you had somebody who was interested, but I can't find the email right
>> now.
>>
>> Michael has said that he might be able to help a bit (review maybe), but
>> won't implement the bulk of it. And I actually need this code ASAP since
>> I failed to replace the wireless card in my new MacBook (I couldn't even
>> find it).
>
> Of course, I will always be available to give advise and help on the
> technical details.
> With the recent merge of the PHY abstraction in b43 it shouldn't be that
> hard
> anymore to understand the basics of the code. I think stuff is clearly
> modulised now
> and fairly easy to understand, after you once understood the basics of the
> device.
>
> So for implementing N-PHY, you'll basically work inside of the phy_n.c and
> phy_n.h files only (maybe 98% of the work will be there).
>
> So, you could probably look into phy_g.c to get an idea of how this could
> probably
> look like.
>
> Please contact us before you start writing patches, so we can give some
> additional
> advise on coding conventions used in the driver.

Consider the currently AGNX project in logjam cause lack of some RF
specs detail, I think I have some time to do this. or with other guys
who also interesting with it.

Merry Christmas to everybody! :)

BR
Yanbo