2009-11-30 08:40:46

by Joerg

Subject: Configuring multicast/NO_ACK data rate in mac80211

Hello all,
we are currently evaluating whether ath5k/ath9k is able to replace Madwifi for
a project we are working on. We use Madwifi (among other things) to transmit
Video streams over multicast to a group of nodes in an IBSS network. To get
the required data rate we rely on the Madwifi iwpriv call mcast_rate.
Is there an equivalent configuration option in mac80211?

Joerg

Sie sind Spam leid? Yahoo! Mail verf?gt ?ber einen herausragenden Schutz gegen Massenmails.
http://mail.yahoo.com

2009-11-30 11:52:17

by Johannes Berg

On Mon, 2009-11-30 at 00:34 -0800, Joerg Pommnitz wrote:
> Hello all,
> we are currently evaluating whether ath5k/ath9k is able to replace Madwifi for
> a project we are working on. We use Madwifi (among other things) to transmit
> Video streams over multicast to a group of nodes in an IBSS network. To get
> the required data rate we rely on the Madwifi iwpriv call mcast_rate.
> Is there an equivalent configuration option in mac80211?

No. We briefly talked about this at one of the last wireless summits,
and it could be implemented with the cfg80211 operation
set_bitrate_mask() which we modelled for that, but never implemented all
of it.

johannes

Attachments:
signature.asc (801.00 B)