2008-04-16 06:38:31

by cao jing

Subject: mesh point beacon sending problem for 802.11s

Hi,

Open11s developers said it's already supported the Mesh peer link
establishment. But I can't find any code for mesh point to send
beacons. How come the mesh point establish a peer link without
beacons.

Jing

2008-04-23 00:54:36

by cao jing

Subject: Re: mesh point beacon sending problem for 802.11s

Hi,

Thanks very much. Actually, I found ieee80211_beacon_get already. But
the problem I met now is that the ath5k driver doesn't work well with
mac80211 to send beacons. Open11s developers use different devices and
different driver to support mesh point sending beacons.

Jing

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Luis Carlos Cobo <[email protected]> wrote:

> On Wed, 2008-04-16 at 02:38 -0400, cao jing wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > Open11s developers said it's already supported the Mesh peer link
> > establishment. But I can't find any code for mesh point to send
> > beacons. How come the mesh point establish a peer link without
> > beacons.
>
> That you did not find the code does not necessarily means it is not
> there ;-). Check out net/mac80211/tx.c:ieee80211_beacon_get()
>
> I assume you are looking at wireless-testing.
>
> Cheers!
>
> --
> Luis Carlos Cobo Rus GnuPG ID: 44019B60
> cozybit Inc.