2011-10-20 11:25:10

by Joerg

Subject: ath5k: controlling powersave with iw or iwconfig fails

Hello all,
trying to disable PS on ath5k (Linux 3.0) gives:

iw dev wlan0 set power_save off
command failed: Operation not supported (-95)

Is there any special magic required to disable power saving?
It seems to interfere with our amplifier...

?
Joerg

2011-10-20 11:46:33

by Joerg

iw is 0.9.22, but I just found part of the answer myself. Controlling PS in

IBSS mode is not supported (I failed to mention the IBSS part in my previous

mail).

Question: Is any power saving going on in IBSS mode at all? I'm seeing lots

of Probe-Requests that I thought were related to PS.

?
Joerg

----- Urspr?ngliche Message -----

2011-10-20 14:29:05

by Bob Copeland

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 7:46 AM, Mohammed Shafi
<[email protected]> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Sedat Dilek <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Which iw version?
>
> looks like its ath5k does not supports station power save.

Yes, that is the reason.

--
Bob Copeland %% http://www.bobcopeland.com

2011-10-20 11:46:53

by Mohammed Shafi

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Sedat Dilek <[email protected]> wrote:
> Which iw version?

looks like its ath5k does not supports station power save.

> - Sedat -
>
> On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 1:19 PM, Joerg Pommnitz <[email protected]> wrote:
>> Hello all,
>> trying to disable PS on ath5k (Linux 3.0) gives:
>>
>> iw dev wlan0 set power_save off
>> command failed: Operation not supported (-95)
>>

>> Is there any special magic required to disable power saving?
>> It seems to interfere with our amplifier...
>>

>> --
>> Regards
>> Joerg
>>
>> --