2014-04-05 03:28:29

by sandeep suresh

Subject: RE: [ath9k-devel] Wifi client Bluetooth coexistence; non smooth video streams

Hello Mr.马文涛,
Thanks for your suggestions....will try and let u know the results.
Regards
Sandeep.

On Fri, 4/4/14, 马文涛 <[email protected]> wrote:

To: "sandeep suresh" <[email protected]>
Date: Friday, 4 April, 2014, 11:59 PM

Hi sandeep,
I never used wifi just like you. So I only have
some advices for you.1. Video needs more
throughput, so 7:3 or 8:2 seams better.2. If you
use RTSP to transmit video, I guess you can short the switch
time to reduce the delay. Just try to set period to
100ms or less for test. I think it will be
better.

> Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 09:55:40 +0800
> From: [email protected]
> To: [email protected]; [email protected];
[email protected]
> Subject: [ath9k-devel] Wifi client Bluetooth
coexistence; non smooth video streams

> Dear all,
> Please help if any one have encountered simillar
problems or other guidance on this, Please.

> The following is my set-up:
> Linksys Access point. Cisco 802.11g camera connected as
a wifi client to Linksys. I have a development board in
which i have AR9287 as the Wifi chipset associated as wifi
client to linksys. The development board has Bluetooth
dongle for streaming audio etc. The development board has a
LCD display and I stream the video stream from camera at 640
x 480 resolution, MPEG-4, 10fps (also tried with 15, 30
fps).

> Software: For the Wifi client on the development board,
I am using the ath9k driver with btcoex_enable=1.
> 2-wire coexistence. I am allowing 40% of the time for
Bluetooth an 60% of the time for WiFi. The period is around
200ms.

> Observations:
> 1. The video streams are not smooth. There will be a
small pause of a second or two between frames and hence we
do not see smooth transitions.
> 2. Sometimes it looks like, the streams are bufferred
and played back at a rapid pace. So, one can see like a fast
forward play of video streams on the board.
> 3. Disabling coexistence does not have these
observations.
> Please help.
> Regards
> Sandeep.

by sandeep suresh

Hello Mr.马文涛,
Thanks for your suggestions. This had an improvement on the video quality.
Regards
Sandeep.

To: "马文涛" <[email protected]>
Cc: "ath9k-devel" <[email protected]>, "[email protected]" <[email protected]>
Date: Saturday, 5 April, 2014, 8:58 AM

Hello Mr.马文涛,
    Thanks for your suggestions....will try and
let u know the results.
Regards
Sandeep.

On Fri, 4/4/14, 马文涛 <[email protected]>