2015-09-30 15:21:40

by Aaron Kempf

Subject: ipw2200-bss

I am a tiny bit confused why this 'centrino' driver isn't in the 650mb
cd download for Debian 8.2

I detest Ubuntu in all flavors.. and if you guys would get this driver
into the Debian kernel, and on the default CD installer.. it would
make my life a lot easier.

I wish I could help to do this.. but I am a lowly DBA tryng to get
deeper into Linux / Debian / BSD.

Please call me if you could help me to transfer this from a Xubuntu
15.04 usb device onto my 8.2 installed system. I would really
appreciate it.

Aaron Kempf
Microsoft Certified IT Professional: DBA
Voice: 415-786-0776

PS - if you guys know of any DBA jobs in San Francisco.. I know my way
around SQL to say the least :) http://www.fullstackaaron.com/resume

2015-09-30 15:27:18

by Dan Williams

Subject: Re: ipw2200-bss

On Wed, 2015-09-30 at 15:21 +0000, Aaron Kempf wrote:
> I am a tiny bit confused why this 'centrino' driver isn't in the 650mb
> cd download for Debian 8.2

The driver is included in the kernel, so it should be there already.
What may not be included on the CD is the firmware, which you may have
to install later. It's supposedly in the "firmware-ipw2x00" package.

See also: https://wiki.debian.org/ipw2200

Dan