2017-03-05 03:15:46

by Brennan Ashton

Subject: brcm: firmware for BCM43341 out of date

The firmware in the current tree for the BCM43341 hardware seems to
result in some issues with the 5GHz band. phy info would show the
band, but scanning would not return any 5GHz networks. The current
version in the tree is 6.10.190.49 A newer version (6.10.190.55) was
released that has been bundled with the android platform. This version
seemed to resolve the issues that I was having.

I was not quite sure what the process was for this since I assume that
the patch needs to be at least signed off by someone from Broadcom.

--Brennan

2017-03-07 11:38:43

by Arend Van Spriel

Subject: Re: brcm: firmware for BCM43341 out of date

On 5-3-2017 4:15, Brennan Ashton wrote:
> The firmware in the current tree for the BCM43341 hardware seems to
> result in some issues with the 5GHz band. phy info would show the
> band, but scanning would not return any 5GHz networks. The current
> version in the tree is 6.10.190.49 A newer version (6.10.190.55) was
> released that has been bundled with the android platform. This version
> seemed to resolve the issues that I was having.
>
> I was not quite sure what the process was for this since I assume that
> the patch needs to be at least signed off by someone from Broadcom.

Not really a process so this will do ;-) I will submit a patch for it
and sign it off. Thanks for the hint. I do not check very often.

Regards,
Arend