2017-06-22 00:04:02

by Tobin C. Harding

Subject: cfg80211_ops

Hi,

Is some one able to please confirm for me that the following
cfg80211_ops callbacks are enough to implement a minimal functioning
Wi-Fi driver. Assume that a virtual interface is added during driver
initialization.

scan
add_key
get_key
del_key
sat_default_key
connect
disconnect
set_wiphy_params

thanks,
Tobin

2017-06-22 07:45:30

by Arend Van Spriel

Subject: Re: cfg80211_ops

On 22-06-17 08:30, Johannes Berg wrote:
> Also, set_default_key is, IIRC, not needed in WPA/WPA2 client mode, but
> may be needed for WEP - not sure off the top of my head.

correct (if brcmfmac is).

Gr. AvS

2017-06-22 03:46:59

by Tobin C. Harding

On Wed, Jun 21, 2017 at 05:53:13PM -0700, Igor Mitsyanko wrote:
> On 06/21/2017 05:03 PM, Tobin C. Harding wrote:
> >
> >Hi,
> >
> >Is some one able to please confirm for me that the following
> >cfg80211_ops callbacks are enough to implement a minimal functioning
> >Wi-Fi driver. Assume that a virtual interface is added during driver
> >initialization.
> >
> >scan
> >add_key
> >get_key
> >del_key
> >sat_default_key
> >connect
> >disconnect
> >set_wiphy_params
>
> Hi, is this for STA-only? I guess you also need
> mgmt_frame_register
> mgmt_tx

Thanks for the response Igor. Yes, infrastructure mode only.

> and you don't need *_key callbacks in case its fine to operate without
> encryption.

Cool, thank you.

Tobin

2017-06-22 06:30:32

by Johannes Berg

On Wed, 2017-06-21 at 17:53 -0700, Igor Mitsyanko wrote:

> > scan
> > add_key
> > get_key
> > del_key
> > sat_default_key
> > connect
> > disconnect
> > set_wiphy_params
>
> Hi, is this for STA-only? I guess you also need
> mgmt_frame_register
> mgmt_tx

For really basic operation, I don't think you need that, and might even
be able to get away withou set_wiphy_params.

Also, set_default_key is, IIRC, not needed in WPA/WPA2 client mode, but
may be needed for WEP - not sure off the top of my head.

johannes

2017-06-22 00:54:13

by Igor Mitsyanko