2009-08-24 20:33:20

by Christian Lamparter

Subject: Re: Kernel Panic in __ieee80211_tx with p43usb as AP

> On Mon, Aug 24, 2009 at 4:07 PM, Larry Finger<[email protected]> wrote:
> > static inline int drv_tx(struct ieee80211_local *local, struct sk_buff
> > *skb)
> > {
> > ? ? ? ?return local->ops->tx(&local->hw, skb);
> > }
> >
> > Are there any suggest changes that would let me debug this problem
> > without crashing the kernel?
>
> Could be a callback into mac80211, e.g. ieee80211_get_tx_rate()
> returning null (I haven't looked at any p54 code, I just know I've hit
> one there before with ath5k).

huu. at this point the frame already has a valid rate.
I guessing the dump is missing some more lines and
it crashes somewhere deep down in the driver.
But, I'm not yet sure where exactly... do you think
you can capture a full oops?

Regards,
Chr
Neu: WEB.DE Doppel-FLAT mit Internet-Flatrate + Telefon-Flatrate
f?r nur 19,99 Euro/mtl.!* http://produkte.web.de/go/02/